I have served in the Town of Superior in many roles since the Superior Marketplace was a concept in 1998. I have been intimately involved for over 15 years:
- Late 90’s – Early 2000’s – Served on the CAC (Citizens Advisory Committee)
- 2000-2004 – Ground Roots effort to develop an Open Space plan and successful Ballot Initiative of a 0.3% Sales Tax increase for natural area preservation and trails. Worked with the Town and other citizens to form the Open Space Advisory Committee.
- 2002-2008 – Founding member and served multiple positions on the Open Space Advisory Committee (OSAC) as a Member, Chair and Vice Chair. This was an instrumental time for the implementation of our current Open Space program.
- 2005-2008 – Served on the Parks, Recreation, Open Space and Trails Committee (PROSTAC) as the OSAC Liaison, Member and Chair.
- 2006-2014 – Served on the Planning Commission
- 2012-2014 – Served as Vice Chair of the Planning Commission
- 2017-Present – Serving on Planning Commission
- 2018-2021 Served as Chair of the Planning Commission
- 2008 – 2019 – Superior Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors as President, Vice President of Public Relations and Director.
My career started in the manufacturing industry working with Midland Ross Galley Products, Raymond Carousel Corporation and Johns Manville. Computers in business became a passion of mine in the early 80’s and as career opportunities arose I quickly moved into the rapidly developing world of databases, computer networks and business process automation on the personal computer. As a Buyer at Johns Manville in the mid 80’s I was given a personal computer and the role of workplace automation. I have been looking forward ever since.
I have been providing technical related services to business including network design and implementation, web-based software development and computer support since 1984. I moved to Colorado in July of 1994 after meeting my wife here and being hired at the City of Boulder. I provided computer services to the City of Boulder Public Works Department and transferred to the Open Space Department soon after. It is there that I discovered the Boulder Open Space program and is what led me to join the amazing team of residents here in Superior that started and led the grass roots effort of Superior’s own Open Space program.
I started my own company, Ariel Design Group, LLC in the mid-90s which merged into Ariel IT Services in 2006 and continues today as a successful IT Managed Services practice. Based in Louisville, Colorado we are a highly respected firm serving clients from Boulder to Denver.
You can learn more about my career at www.LinkedIn.com/In/BobMcCool.